Functionality of ACDE - Phase 1
Jan 15, 2000
Status: Work in progress
The functionality of the ACDE in Phase 1 is characterized by the following headlines:
- New Components will be written in Ada 95 using a normal editor. This will
be the GNU Emacs or the Crisp Editor, but the idea is to make the environment
not to depend on features of a certain editor.
- An centralized WWW based Reposetory Manager
manages predefined and user implemented components.
- Predefined Components will be supplied.
The repostory Manager runs on a centralized server has to support the
- Hirarchical browser which allows the user to inspect the interfaces of components.
- The user is be able to create/delete domains and to insert components
(checkin/checkout) into the repository. A simple role model is supported for
- Integration with gnat Ada95 Compiler on a Linux Plattform, which means
upon check in the component is compiled within the repository context
- The visiblity of component may be restricted to groups of users.
In order to integrate into the already exisiting WWW environment the user
interface for the repository manager will be based on HTML.
Main Index Contents